Sunday, April 02, 2006

1st letter of April 2006

Sunday, April 02, 2006
1st letter of April 2006
1) 5th Sunday of Lent, April 02, 2006


Monday, March 27, 2006.
I attended the morning classes: Natural Law and the Beguines and in the evening the Biblical Spirituality. At night our Indonesian guests from Boston, Ari-Yuli came to spend some days in their spring break in Chicago. They stayed at our house.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006.
In the morning I accompanied Ari-Yuli to go to Lake Michigan and downtown Chicago and at noon I came back home. At night I typed addresses for invitations of my final vows and deaconate ordination as well as the rite of perpetual vows.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006.
I attended the morning classes: Natural Law and the Beguines then I went to downtown to a lawyer office on 205 Michigan Avenue to meet Mr. John and one Indonesian family who try to get an asylum. Then we went to an asylum office located on Wacker and La Salle Street. I was asked to be the interpreter of this family. Through Mrs. Densy in California and Mrs. Theresita Nuval in the Archdiocese of Chicago I came to know them. It’s my first expeience acting as a volunteer interpreter in my life. In the beginning I was little bit nervous but afterward I felt confident. It lasted almost two hours. I am glad that I could help this family in this way. At night I was looking at some songs for my celebrations in May.

Thursday, March 30, 2006.
I attended the morning class, the Integrating core and discussion group of house blessing. At CTU library I made photocopy of some resources of the Lord’s Prayer. At 5 p.m. as community we were invited by the Scalabrinians to have gathering at their house as well as the Combonians. We started with the Eucharist and the sacrament of reconciliation then supper and hospitality. We get to know some of our CTU friends from this three different congregations.

Friday, March 31, 2006.
In the morning Valery guided me to practice of car driving for almost two hours. I still struggle to parallel parking but I have been driving on highways. In the evening Father Mosele and three college students came to visit us. They took part of our station of the cross prayer and supper. They stayed one night here.

Saturday, April 01, 2006.
After the morning Mass and the breakfast together with our guests of the college plus Father Victor Mosele, I did laundry and clean my room and the kitchen. I was little bit sick and doing my traditional healing, ‘kerokan’ by myself. At 5 p.m. Ari-Yuli went back to Boston. Ignas and Harno took them to Midway airport.

Sunday, April 02, 2006.
This morning I went to St. Therese Church with Dharmawan and Valery and I drove the white car through the highway. I attended the Cantonese Mass at 9.30 then Cesare taught the confirmation class (all six kids coming). At noon I received my order (invitation of my deaconate ordination plus little cards of perpetual vows and deaconate ordination). George brought for me. I put addresses on the evelopes. From 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. together with Edi, I did meditation before the tabernacle at Saint Therese Church. I went home by CTA. I counted the invitations (150) and the cards (800). At night I put the invitations to the envelopes and they are ready to be sent this week.












No comments: