Sunday, April 23, 2006

4th letter of April 2006

2nd Sunday of Easter, April 23, 2006
4th letter of April 2006


4) 2nd Sunday of Easter, April 23, 2006

Monday, April 17, 2006.
I attended the class of Beguines in the morning and I went to CTU to distribute my invitations of diaconate ordination to some friends and I registered one course my MA studies for next Fall Semester. I just need one more course to finish my MA studies plus comprehensive exams. I went to Father Rudi, osc’s apartment and gave my invitation of diaconate ordination. In the evening I attended the class of Biblical Spirituality.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006.
In the morning I was doing my paper of Integrating Core. Valery this morning had minor surgery (Hernia) at Mercy Hospital. In the afternoon I got a phone call from Alfons and Utomo from Parma then I called them up back. In the evening I was doing my Integrating Core paper.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006.
I attended the Natural Law class at CTU and the Beguines at the synagogue. This evening there was IRF gathering at our Xaverian house in which Harno and Father Pascal cooked for all of us. They are about 22 people. After the supper, we had games for fun and I shared my rope game that gave them a lot of fun. I was doing my Integrating Core paper again.

Thursday, April 20, 2006.
In the morning I attended the Integrating core class in which we had two groups presented prayer services, namely, Station of the Cross and Holy Office at the 6th floor chapel. I had meeting with my group to discuss our Home Blessing’s group for next two weeks. In the evening I attended the Mission Institute at LSTC with the topic of Multi-etnics at parish setting. I called up my brother in Ponorogo, Indonesia to congratulate his 29’s birthday and my niece, Kezia in Jakarta for her 7th year birthday.

Friday, April 21, 2006.
Early in the morning at 5.30 o’clock together with Ignas, I went to O’Hare airport to pick up a guest from Hawaii. She is apparently from Madiun City, my hometown. She’s Viana, the younger brother of my classmate, Yenny Herawati in Junior High School, Madiun Indonesia. She came to know us from Father Kuntoro, sj in Milwaukee. What a small world! We went back home exactly at arrived at 7 a.m. and we had chance to the Mass at our chapel. After having breakfast, I took her to downtowon to register at Palmer House Hilton at Monroe Street. She is one of many presenters of Political Science meeting in Midwest. She got scholarship at a university in Hawaii. I showed her some places at downton and we went back home at 4 p.m. In our supper there’s Sister Charitas as well. After the supper, together with Dharmawan, Harno and Viana, I went to downtown and Navy Pier to see Chicago by night to accompany our guest to see Chicago by night. We went home at 11.30 p.m.

Saturday, April 22, 2006.
I accompanied Ignas to go for shopping today because Valery still needed rest for a while. When we arrived home there’s a rosary prayer at our chapel. There were two guests, Erna and Lisa. They were praying with Harno and Dharmawan. At 4.30 p.m. I came to CTU to pick up Father Rudi, osc and Sandra Wang to go to the Columban House to attend the Japanese Mass and gathering. There were about 15 people at this time. I came to see my CTU’s friend at the Columban, Young, from Korea. At 8 p.m. I went back home and little while Mefi, our guest came from downtown, her seminar.
At night I called up my former psychologist in Indonesia, Ibu Cynthia. She’s very glad and appreciated me for my call. Through her story I came to know about my classmates, the diocesan students in Jakarta who were just ordained deacons on April 21st. There were four deacons and four of them are my classmates (Antoro and Ari Dianto).

2nd Sunday of Easter, April 23, 2006.
With Viana/Mefi, I went to St. Therese Church at 8 a.m. by CTA. She was attending the 9.30 a.m. Mass as well as Ignas who came later. At 11 to 12 p.m. I accompanied Cesare, sj to teach the confirmation class and this time only three students came. At 2 p.m. I served at the Wedding Mass with Father Michael at St. Therese Church. The groom and the bride are Alexander (a Frenchman) and Judy (a Chinese). For almost an hour I met Father Michael Davitti for spiritual direction plus discussing practical things for my diaconate ordination that would be held in next three weeks at St. Therese. At 5 p.m. I went home by CTA. Still having one hour, I did make photocopy of my program/booklet of the perpetual vows for next two weeks. I copied about 80 booklets. In the supper, we celebrate the 28th year birthday of Harno and our guest, Viana played guitar as well as the birhtday boy. At 9 p.m. I came to my room to type this journal.









No comments: