Sunday, April 16, 2006

3rd letter of April 2006

Easter Sunday, April 16, 2006
3rd letter of April 2006


3) Easter Sunday, April 16, 2006

Monday, April 10, 2006.
On retreat…

Tuesday, April 11, 2006.
On retreat…


Wednesday, April 12, 2006.
The last day of my retreat…
This morning I tried to reflect and summarize again what I have been during these retreat days. Then at 10.45 a.m. Father Rocco picked me up to return to Hyde Park.
Overall, it’s been restful experience to be at the retreat house and now I have to do and to be what I have planned so far. Only grace of God plus my cooperativeness those things are going to come true. I’m a servant of the Lord; let it be done according to God’s words.
I arrived home at noon then at 2 p.m. Ignatius invited me to accompany him to go to the Alexian Brother’s Medical Center at Elk Grove Village. He had interview for his summer CPE this year. I met Brother Dan, the director of the Alexian Brothers’ community there and he had party that day to move to his community in Milwaukee becoming a master of novice. I met my former classmate as well, Brother Zeke.
After six days being away of the Internet, I opened my email and there are some letters from friends. Father Ivan, the provincial of the Xaverians in the USA has received my invitations of final vows and deaconate ordination and he would come to both celebrations. Father Giovanni D’Elia, sx from Japan whom I met in Rome in 2002, on behalf of the Xaverians in Japan and the provincial there congratulated me toward these celebrations. It means that they have received my inviation as well. He asked me curiously where I am going to be assigned afterward. Last year I asked him about his experience working as missionary in Japan. From procurator of the Xaverians in Parma, Italy, Father Dario, sx sent me email as well to congratulate my final vows and deaconate ordination since he has received the invitation I sent last week. Father Bob Maloney sent me email and wished me the best. Still many others have received it and gave me their best wishes and prayers….Though they couldn’t come to my celebrations including my family but with faith I believe they are present in the spirit….
At 5 p.m. Ignatius took me to Saint Therese Church at Chinatown. I attended the parish council meeting at 7 p.m. I went back home at 9 p.m. with Deacon Paul.

Thursday, April 13, 2006.
At 7.30 in the morning we had morning prayer, breakfast then the wholeday I worked on my booklets for the perpetual vows and the deaconate ordination. I printed them out and need some corrections. We had supper at 5.30 p.m. then some of us went to Saint Therese Chinatown for the Holy Thursday Mass. I drove the white car with Valery, Father Victor and Dharmawan. At 7 p.m. we started the Mass. There were few people coming to this Mass and there were some young girls, perhaps 16 in number, who stayed at this parish for this Triduum for their own mission/agenda. After a quiet prayer before the Blessed Sacrament, at 9 p.m. we went back home.

Friday, April 14, 2006.
Today is Good Friday. At 7.30 we had morning prayer and till noon I was at my room doing personal reflection by watching the passion of Jesus through the Gospel of John’s DVD. At 2 p.m. together with Valery, I went to practice of driving a car then we went to the Station of the Cross prayer at Saint Therese that started at 3 p.m. We remained staying there and at 7 p.m. we had Good Friday Service. At 9 p.m. I went home with Atumisi and Valery and practiced of driving little bit.

Saturday, April 15, 2006.
In the morning after morning prayer and breakfast I cleaned up the kitchen. In the evening I went to Saint Therese Church to celebrate the Vigil Easter in which there were 8 Chinese people baptized by Father Michael.

Easter Sunday, April 16, 2006.
Together with Valery and Ignatius, I went to St. Therese by CTA and attended the Easter Mass at 9.30. It was attended by multicultural Catholic parishioners of this parish such as Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Philippines, Italians, etc. In this Mass Father Michael gave communion in two species, both the body of Christ and the blood of Christ. Since not many people taking the blood of Christ, then I should drink a half of the chalice I gave to the congregation. Afterward, I felt little bit dizzy and my face got red…bit drunk…It’s followed by lunch. I went home with Deacon Paul, svd together with Ignatius and Valery. At 2 p.m. after taking a rest for a while it’s raining.
At 3 p.m. we as community went to Vivian and Tim family at Southside of Chicago to visit them and have supper. It’s a great Easter gathering for us while it’s raining the whole evening.HAPPY Easter 2006….May the risen Lord raise us up of our sins and weaknesses……Alleluia-Alleluia…..














No comments: