Sunday, February 05, 2006

1st letter of February 2006

Sunday, February 05, 2006
1st letter of February 2006


1) 5th Sunday in Ordinary Time, February 05, 2006

Monday, January 30, 2006.
For this week the liturgical team is Father Rocco, Francois and me. I went to CTU to return the In Focus, multimedia projector and Igot presentatation paper of the Religious Life in Context class. In the evening I led the lectio divina. In the afternoon, Father Rocco gave me two paper of “Last Will” for my preparation of final vows and deaconate ordination. At night I was reading books of religious life for my final paper.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006.

Today I was fasting since last night in order to check up my blood. In the morning Dharmawan took me to Doctor Ramirez to have medical check-up for my preparation of final vows. Then, Dharmawan took me to Mercy Hospital to check my blood at the laboratorium. According to the doctor, I have a good health. In the afternoon, Father Rocco took me to a doctor of eyes to check my eyes and both of my eyes are minus one and I ordered a glasses in order to see far distant clearly. It’s my first time to check my eyes after I for two years I have been feeling uncomfortable to see in distant. In the way to go home Father Rocco told me a good news that maybe I would have final vows in Franklin on May 6th and deaconate ordination at Saint Therese Mission Church on May 14th. I was very delighted to know this plan and looking forward those special moments in my life in this priesthood formation. In the afternoon Father Rocco gave me two testimonium report for my proposal of final vows and deaconate ordination. He made all documents for this case and I signed up what I need to do. At room I was doing my final paper of religious life in context.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006.
In the morning I was doing my final paper of religious life in context about the vow of celibate chastity. At 1 p.m. Father Tom, OMI picked us (Alejandro and me) up to go to Holy Rosary Church at Southside Chicago to practice rite of deaconate ordination of James Chambers, OMI. We’re serving as acolytes. After this practice, we were treated at a Polish Restaurant nearby the Midway Airport at Fordport. We went home at Hyde Park at 7 p.m. At night I was doing my final paper of religious life in context.

Thursday, February 02, 2006.
Today is the feast of the Presentation of the Lord, the feast of religious life. In the morning Mass I was sharing my presentation paper about religious life in the context of Indonesia. In the morning I was editing my final paper both the Capstone and the Religious life in context then sent them to the professors via e-mail (attachments). So, I am done with all paper for this J-Term. In the morning Father Rocco with 4 students (Wawan, Atumisi, Francois and Valery) headed for Springfield, Illinois to have a trip and visiting Father Adolph until Friday night. At 5 p.m. I led the Holy Hour at the community.

Friday, February 03, 2006.
In the morning after the Mass and breakfast, I went to Saint Therese Church to participate on the 4th graders gathering and fortunately, Joe was taking care of them in the games. I left at 1 p.m. and took a rest for a while. At 4 p.m. Father Tom, OMI picked us (Alejandro and me) up to go to his OMI’s theologate house to have chicken soup then we all headed for Holy Rosary Church to celebrate the ordination to deaconate of James Chambers, OMI. The 1.5 hours Mass presided by Bishop Perry (an African American bishop in Chicago) was attended by 70 people. I served the Mass by bearing the crossier of the bishop. It was started at 7 p.m. We continued to have supper at the basement of the church. I went home with Father Pascal. James Chambers, OMI is my classmate at CTU in both the Capstone class and the presiding class.

Saturday, February 04, 2006.
After morning prayer at 7.30 and the breakfast, we (Ignas, Valery and I) went to Saint Therese Church to help decorate the basement of the church for the Lunar/Chinese New Year celebration. We’re there till evening. There’s Indonesian choir as well practicing their songs for Lunar New Year’s Mass tomorrow morning. Father Michael cooked for all of us both the lunch and the supper. We went home at 6.30 p.m. I got a letter from the doctor I visited last Tuesday. IN the letter based upon the blood check-up, I have normal condition except my cholestrol is easily elevated. SO, I should do diet avoiding food with high cholestrol and eat more healthy food. At night I was typing this journal.

Sunday, February 05, 2006.
This morning I headed for Saint Therese Church Mission in Chinatown with Valery and attended the Chinese/Lunar New Year Mass at 9.30 a.m. It continued to the basement of Saint Therese School to have lunch and performances. The Indonesian Catholic group was taking part of this event by cooking and serving food for this annual celebration. I admired their dedication to work and help this event, even the Protestant fellows were helping out serving the food. After the celebration finished, they still washing dishes at the parish. George took us (Valery and me) home.
I was warming up food for our supper in the community (spaghetti cooked by Father Pascal and shrimp pasta by Father Michael).

Tomorrow is the new day for my Spring semester at CTU till mid May. I am looking forward consecutive great events in May, namely, final vows of mine (May 6th in Franklin), deaconate ordination (May 14th at Saint Therese Church-Chicago), graduation of M.Div (May 18th at Synagogue of K.A.M. Isaiah-Chicago), the confirmation of 6 kids at Saint Therese Chinatown (May 28th by Bishop Perry) then finally I have chance to spend 2.5 months in Indonesia for vacation; I am going to leave for Indonesia maybe May 29th morning (Memorial Day) with Dharmawan.

No comments: