Sunday, February 26, 2006

4th letter of February 2006

Sunday, February 26, 2006
4th letter of February 2006

4) 8th Sunday in Ordinary Time, February 26, 2006

Monday, February 20, 2006.
I attended morning classes both Natural Law and the Beguines. This morning Father Pascal has purchased my JAL ticket through Lia, a roundtrip ticket Chicago-Jakarta with price $ 1070. In the evening I attended the class of Biblical Foundation of Spirituality.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006.
While I was reading some articles, I got a phone call from my provincial, Father Ivan. He envoyed a good news for me that I was admitted to final vows and deaconate ordination by the General Direction of the Xaverians in Rome. I was very happy and grateful to hear that. Thanks be to God…with full of thanks I thanked God with all of my heart, body and spirit in the depth of my heart’s room. I opened my e-mail and I got the e-mail forward from the provincial an official letter of the General Direction signed by Father Luigi Menegazzo. The letter says that I am admitted to the final vows and deaconate ordination then the Superior General with the councilors think to send me directly to Japan soon after my priesthood ordination that probably next year in the middle of 2007. It’s a plus good news for me. Japan is my first choice to go as a missionary….how great is the Lord who hears my prayer and I keep my wish and dream to follow up this future assignment.
In the afternoon I was cooking: Hot dog and bean.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006.
I attended Natural Law class and Beguines in the morning….I called up my family in Indonesia telling them that I am admitted to final vows and deaconate ordination.

Thursday, February 23, 2006.
In the morning I attended the class of integrating core (Liturgy, spirituality and contemplation). At noon I went to St. Therese Church to meet Father Michael to have spiritual direction. We had Polish lunch bought by Jenina. He took me home in the afternoon after going to a funeral home at Chinatown. In the evening Father Pascal showed me the real ticket of JAL he just got today. So, now I am in peace because I have the ticket to go home to Indonesia for vacation (29 May – 21 August) with Dharmawan.

Friday, February 24, 2006.
In the morning after the Mass and breakfast, I went to CTU to attend the short talk of the president of CTU, Donald Senior, cp and the dean of CTU, Father Gary Riebe, svd. They gave us, the seminarians who study at CTU about what the Vatican visitors are going to ask upon their visit and interview to each one of us at our own formation house in this coming early March. I went to CVS to print some pictures of my Confirmation kids. I prepared them to give the frame and their pictures on the Confirmation day that will be held at St. Therese Church on May 28, 2006 by Bishop Perry. In the evening I was searching on the Internet about some resources for my papers.

Saturday, February 25, 2006.
This morning after the Mass and breakfast, I was driving a green car accompanied by Valery and Ignas to go Saint Therese Church. With the kindness of Valery, I had a chance again to drive a car in order to be accustomed. I was helping out at the church and put the pictures of the confirmandi in the frames. I remained stay at the church’s rectory overnight. I had accompaniment of Edi Liang and we had supper together at the rectory together as well with Lisa. At 9.30 p.m. I was typing this journal at the rectory in the silent situation.

Sunday, February 26, 2006.
I stayed at St. Therese’s rectory tonight. At 9.30 a.m. I attended the Mass and continued with the Confirmation class. Cesare taught the kids (5) about eternal life. One student named Ales was absent. At noon there’s Mandarin Mass and we joined the lunch together with them. At 3 p.m. I went home at Hyde Park with Deacon Paul, svd. Some 92 more days from now I will go back to Indonesia for vacation.

No comments: