Sunday, October 30, 2005

5th letter of OCtober 2005

5) 31st Sunday in Ordinary Time, October 30, 2005

Monday, October 24, 2005.
After attending Amos class, I met the director of M.Div program, Barbara Bowe, rscj to submit my CPE evaluation. She liked to receive my complete evaluation of this summer CPE. In the Xaverian chapel, my group consists of Peter, svd, Joseph, CSSP and myself were doing presiding practicum with taping our daily Eucharist. I am going to meet the professor, Father Fragomeni on November 7 in order to evaluate my presiding videotape. In the afternoon I received a new Warta Xaverian magazine from Indonesia, made by Indonesian Xaverian philosophy students. I read it wholly at night in which I contributed one 4-page article on Reflection about the Eucharist.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005.
I transferred the Eucharistic presiding I did yesterday to videotape. I am satisfied with this result. In the afternoon I attended the class of EMP in which the first part Aileen Crowley presented a powerpoint about Liturgy and Social Justice.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005.
In the morning I attended Amos class. I am glad that my friend from my hometown, Madiun sent me e-mail that he now teaches at University of Bina Nusantara Jakarta. He is Marsudi, a Catholic fellow, my theater colleague in Senior High School 2 Madiun (1990-1993). Hopefully, I meet him next year when I come home.

Thursday, October 27, 2005.
In the morning I attended Chia’s class (Inculturation and Dialogue). On the way home, I was walking with a Maryknoll novice from Korea named Anastasia. She just has been living in the U.S.A. for two months. She knew about the Maryknoll Sisters from the Internet and has been a Catholic since five years ago. Interesting….
After supper, we had community meeting in which our rector, Father Rocco shared his meeting with other theology rectors of the Xaverians in Rome a couple of weeks ago.

Friday, October 28, 2005.
After the Mass in the morning and breakfast, at 8.30 a.m. Father Victor preached a retreat to us as preparation to renewal of our vows next November 5. We did reflection and sharing at the chapel that lasted at a quarter to one in the afternoon. Five members of our community headed to Milwaukee to attend the banquet. They are Father Rocco, Ignas, Pascal Atumisi, Harno and Valery. After taking a rest, I did warm up Lasagna for the supper. We’re only four who staying for the supper this evening.

Saturday, October 29, 2005.
As usual after the Mass and breakfast, I work at the kitchen till noon. Today is the birthday of Alejandro (29). I was feeling very lazy to do my homework but I did read first the reading of the EMP/Ethic class and didn’t write or type anything yet. The time is changed in the early Sunday; We’re lucky one hour; instead of one a.m. in the morning, I changed to be 12 midnight.

Sunday, October 30, 2005.
I woke up at 7 a.m., took shower then prayed breviary personally at my room. After having breakfast, I went to Saint Therese with Valery by CTA bus no.15 in front of the house and red line train. At 9.30 a.m. Mass once again I am in charge of the thurible/incense. Today there’s no CCD/Confirmation class but some little children at the church celebrated Halloween party. I had meeting with Cesare to plan our confirmation class this month. From 2 to 3 p.m. I was alone at the church practicing some songs to preside an Indonesian Mass as my presiding practicum for November 19. At least I have practiced the preface and some part of the presider in the Mass in Indonesian language. I guess nobody heard me. I am going to do it at this church inviting some Indonesian friends around here. At 3 to 4 p.m. I joined the meditation guided by Father Michael and was followed by 4 other fellows: Agnes, Sister Gertrude, John Lie and a lady. I went home by CTA. Before the Vesper, I did read a reading for Amos class tomorrow. At 7.30 p.m. we had supper cooked by Father Rocco.

No comments: