Sunday, May 28, 2006

4th letter of May 2006

7th Sunday of Easter, May 28, 2006
4th letter of May 2006

4) 7th Sunday of Easter, May 28, 2006

Monday, May 22, 2006.
In the morning I went to CTU to ask the registrar office to prepare my school document for my travelling to Indonesia. Maria Lemus signed up my I-20 letter and she will make other letters such as unofficial transcript. I borrowed some 10 books at CTU. In the evening together with Francois, I watched the DVD entitled Exorcism and at night I watched the DVD of my diaconate ordination made by Mateus, svd, and Indonesian student.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006.
In the morning we went out as community to dune in Indiana, an hour away from Chicago. It’s a beautiful place to relax and spend a half day in personal retreat. Three years ago as community as well, I went to this place. After three years I have been living in Chicago, I came to this place again as a remark of closing of my studies of M.Div. It’s a living reminder of my vocation journey to deacon now and expected priest for next year. We had Mass and BBQ for lunch prepared by Father Rocco in the spirit of fraternity. In the afternoon we went back to Chicago.

Wednesday, 24, 2006.
In the morning together with Wawan, I went to a store in Chinatown to buy some souvenirs for our family, confreres, and friends in Indonesia.

Thursday, May 25, 2006.
In the morning I went to CTU to take my document for traveling to Indonesia and I borrowed two more books. In the afternoon I cooked for my community (gado-gado, shrimp crackers and rice). I did laundry and ironed my clothes then watched DVD’s.

Friday, May 26, 2006.
Together with Alejandro,Wawan and Harno we went to Northside Chicago for shopping then we had lunch at Thai restaurant close to Lawrence. I ate Basil Duck. We went to downtown afterward and went back home by CTA. After the supper, Father Victor and I went to Indonesian prayer group at Rina and Budi’s house. There were 18 people coming at this weekly Bible group. Arrived home almost in the middle of the night I opened the Internet and saw the news of the earthquake/temblor in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. I tried to call up Yogyakarta but I couldn’t make it.

Saturday, May 27, 2006.
In the morning Mass Father Adolph presided the Mass. At noon Mateus, svd picked me up and we went to the SVD’s house at Techny. At 3 p.m. there was ordination to priesthood of ten SVD’s and most of them are my classmates at CTU. I met at this celebration an Indonesian girl named Apriliani, from Jakarta, the member of weekend Choice in Jakarta, the 100th group. She has been in Singapore for 6.5 years and she just came yesterday in the USA and joined the Sister of the Holy Spirit (SSp.S). Afterward, I joined the Vietnamese gathering at the Novitiate of the SVD. I went home with the Redemptorists’ students. I called up Father Otello Pancani in the procuratore of the Xaverians in Jakarta and told him my schedule of arrival in Jakarta on Wednesday by JAL.

7th Sunday of Easter, May 28, 2006.
In the morning I went to St. Therese Church by CTA and we celebrated the Mass of the Sacrament of Confirmation that was presided by Bishop John Perry. There were 7 children at this bi-annualy event at this church. After we had hospitality at the basement and ate cake, I went to Lisa-Edi’s house. I went home at 3 p.m. At 6 p.m at our chapel we had evening prayer together with St. Therese (Father Michael) and Franklin Community (Fathers Alfredo, Larry, and Dominic). We had farewell party and dinner for Father Victor Bongiovanni who will depart to Italia then Sierra Leone in the early of June.
Tomorrow morning at 7 o’clock, Dharmawan and I go to Indonesia for vacation till 21 August. We go by Japan Airlines. From Chicago on Monday by JAL 9 at 10.55 morning and we arrive in Japan, Tokyo on Tuesday, 30 May, at 3 p.m. We stay at Nikko Hotel for a night and we continue to go to Jakarta by the flight number JAL 725 at 11.25 morning on Wednesday, May 31st and we arrive in Jakarta on Wednesday, May 31st at 4.50 p.m. The flight from Chicago to Tokyo takes 13 hours and Tokyo to Jakarta almost 8 hours.
After almost 4 years living in the USA, it’s the first time I go home to Indonesia. I feel that it’s all about grace that I have been receiving from God throuhg the Xaverians my family and I will meet my family and friends there…..
I still write my journal and hopefully I could post it in my blog and multiply when I am in Indonesia.
Good Bye Chicago…I will come back next 12 weeks…August 22, 2006 by flight number JAL 10 at 8.45 a.m.



















No comments: