Sunday, May 21, 2006

3rd letter of May 2006

6th Sunday of Easter, May 21, 2006
3rd letter of May 2006


3) 6th Sunday of Easter, May 21, 2006

Monday, May 15, 2006.
In the morning Mass I was joining the priests in my community to act as a deacon. At the same time in this Mass we prayed for Tatiana and Julius for their 22 years of their marriage. They were present among us as our friends in this Mass. After the breakfast, with the kindness and generosity of Dharmawan, my confrere and classmate, together with Tatiana-Julius, I went by red car to Chinatown to meet the seven New Yorkers friends (Frans, Jenny, Gisela, Cik Merry, Om Erdik and Tante Eli, and Yusiang). We went to Saint Peregrine Shrine then we went to Holy Hill Shrine in Wisconsin. We visited our Xaverian community in Franklin, Wisconsin. We’re welcomed warmly by Father Alfredo, Dominic, and Larry. I showed them that I had lived in this community in my first stay in the USA in 2002-2003. We had lunch at KFC in Wisconsin. Dharmawan and Frans took Tatiana-Julius to O’Hare airport and they returned back to Philadelphia. Many thanks for their presence and witness as they told many stories in the car. They are really a great witness of Christian family who hold the Christian values such as faithfulness and always have hope in God’s love. I accompanied the others went back to the hotel at Chinatown.
In the evening together with Dharmawan, I accompanied Frans to see Chicago by night. We took picture at Lake Michigan and downtown. We went back to Hyde Park and had supper. At 11.30 p.m. we took Frans to the hotel at Chinatown.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006.
In the morning after the Mass, Dharmawan and I came to meet the seven New Yorkers and they checked out of the hotel. We went to Lake Shore and took pictures there. We visited the National Shrine of Saint Therese of Lisieux at Darien, IL. At noon we had lunch at a Thai restaurant nearby O’Hare airport. At 3 p.m. they returned the van car they rent and we said goodbye to each others. Once again I give thanks to God and their presence and friendship. They have took part of my vocation journey here in the USA. May one day we meet again in different occasion and story. We went back again to Hyde Park and continue our daily life in our Xaverian community. At night after supper I typed this journal and finished the rest of my paper.

Wednesday, 17, 2006.
In the morning I went to CTU to submit my paper of Julian of Norwich. I went home and took a nap because I was so tired. I studied the answers of the questions of oral exam of Integrating Core (Liturgy, Spirituality, and Ecclesial Mission). At CTU we attended the closing Mass at 4.30 p.m. presided by Glen Murray, sj., an African American Jesuit. At night I studied the Integrating Core.

Thursday, May 18, 2006.
In the morning I studied the Integrating Core, then at 10 a.m. Ignas took me to CTU by car. I returned the 39 books I borrowed this semester. At 11.20 a.m. I had oral exam with Friar Gilberto, OFM (the Integrating Core). I could rest for a while in the afternoon, then I prepared food for supper (Hot Dog and salad). At 5 p.m. I took a walk to the synagogue to attend and to be part of the graduation. I have foreseen this event last year as I witnessed Petrus’ graduation last year, May 19th, 2005. There were about 70 people in this graduation in different degrees such as D.Min (Doctor of Ministry), MAPS, MA, M.Div, and certificates. I went home at 11 p.m.

Friday, May 19, 2006.
In the morning at 9 o’clock to noon we as community had evaluation of our community project of life. In the evening together with Father Victor, I came to St. Therese rectory to attend the Bible group sharing with some Indonesians (Jeffry Sutikno, Leny, Michael, and Darwin). I arrived home at 10 p.m. At night I called up the procurator of the Xaverians in Jakarta, Father Otello Pancani. I told him my arrival schedule in Jakarta on May 31st in Jakarta by JAL. At night I got the CD of the pictures of my ordination to diaconate. Father Kuntoro, sj who took the pictures (280) for me.

Saturday, May 20, 2006.
At 10 a.m. together with Wawan, Harno, and Father Rudi, osc, I went to the suburb to attend the hoome blessing of Natasya-Dave. It’s close to Mundelein. IN the afternoon I went to St. Therese to help out the Noodle’s Night at Saint Therese School till 10 p.m. I went back home with Alejandro.

6th Sunday of Easter, May 21, 2006.
In the morning I drove the green car with Atumisi, Valery, and Wawan to go to St. Therese. At 9.30 a.m. Mass I was helping Father Michael acting as deacon for the first time in the Sunday Mass. At 11 to 12, I was accompanying the Confirmation kids to rehearse the rite of confirmation at the church for next week. They are going to be confirmed by Bishop Perry on Sunday, May 28th. Together with Wawan, I went to Edi-Lisa’s house then we went to downtown to buy some souvenir. This night I transferred my pictures of the diaconate ordination to my shutterfly account (108 + 9 pictures).











No comments: