Sunday, January 08, 2006

2nd letter of January 2006

Sunday, January 08, 2006
2nd letter of January 2006

2) Sunday The Epiphany of the Lord, January 08, 2006

Monday, January 02, 2006.
This week we (Father Rocco, Harno and I) are in charge of the liturgy in our community. There was a phone call of Sister Josephine from CTU who likes to go to Saint Therese Chinatown this coming Sunday. In the evening there’s lectio divina led by Father Victor. There is something new I found out on the Shutterfly.com, namely, DVD pictures in which I can put my picture albums.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006.
In the morning I went to CTU to return In focus projector at library then I went to public library at downtown to return CD’s of languages and I borrowed some DVD’s. I went to Saint Therese to meet Father Michael and he gave me a list of things for kids in the confirmation program. Father Michael also asked me to stay at Saint Therese while he’ll be away at the Xaverian assembly in Milwaukee on January 15 – 21. We watched at the basement a DVD entitled Bewitched. I got a book entitled Theology of the Body John Paul II from Amazon bought by Father Pascal. The price is about $ 17. At night Father Luigi Menegazzo, sx, the vice general of the Xaverians came to our community in Chicago from Rome.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006.
In the morning I sent through the post office the book of John Paul II, Theology of the Body, to Andi Nalu, a philosophy Xaverian student in Jakarta. The cost is about $ 20 and it will be useful for him to write his final project of his study. Good luck, Andy. I hope it comes soon in a week. In the afternoon Father Rocco gave me a phone number of psychologist so that I can start the process of interview, hopefully next week. I directly call him up and probably next week he will call me back to make an appointment. This is important for the process of my perpetual vows in the Spring 2006. At night I was doing the paper of Capstone for J-Term at CTU.

Thursday, January 05, 2006.
In the morning I was doing the paper of the Capstone. At 5 p.m. I led the Holy Hour with the theme of Epiphany. I read a reflection I got from Saint Anthony Messenger written by Richard Rohr, OFM. At night I was reading a Xaverian magazine about Vocation Mission Animation meeting in Asia and Africa. It’s interesting to know the situation of these two different continents that give hope for the Xaverians’ vocation now and future. At night also I read a letter and Christmas card sent by a friend from Yogyakarta, named Naning.

Friday, January 06, 2006.
In the morning from 9 a.m. to 10.10 a.m. I have personal meeting with Father Luigi Menegazzo, s.x. He talked a lot about his experience in Japan. In the evening I did laundry. Father Lupo, s.x. was picked up by Alejandro and Dharmawan at O’Hare airport in the afternoon. He is one of the councillors in the General Direction of the Xaverians. He flew from Mexico City. I met him last time two years ago when he visited our community in Chicago.

Saturday, January 07, 2006.
In the morning I was cleaning the stove at the kitchen. After the supper together with Harno and Dharmawan, I went to Edi-Lisa’s house in Chinatown to celebrate the birthday of Lisa (28). We had supper together with other Indonesian fellows (Darwin-Astrid plus Leonard little, Mira, Livia and Mimi). I remember last year we also came to the same occasion with Petrus as well.

Sunday, January 08, 2006.
In the morning together with Valery and Sister Josephina from CTU, originally from Austria and Swiss, I went by CTA bus and train to Saint Therese Church. I attended and served at the 9.30 Mass which was a Cantonese Mass presided by Father Tim, a Maryknoll Father. A quarter to eleven to twelve with Cesare, s.j. I start again teaching the confirmation kids and 6 of them came. Cesare was giving them the Order of the Mass and how to serve as altar servers. Today in the Mass, two of the confirmandi served as altar servers. They are Brittany and Michelle.
There was an Indonesian Mass at 11 a.m. at this same church and I saw the presider was Father Edi, o.s.c. accompanied by Father Lupo and Father Luigi. There was an Indonesian Vincentian priest came to this Mass, namely, Father Susilo who studies in New York City. We had hospitality and lunch together with all Indonesian fellows (40 people) who came at this Mass. I was asked again to read the farewell poetry written by Imelda Palmas. It is for Debby-Bambang plus their 3-month first child, Nicholas who are going to move to Sacramento, CA. As usual, the audience was silently and solemnly paying attention to my reading. Selamat jalan Debby and family….
For an hour I met Cesare, s.j. to plan our confirmation program for this semester. At 3 to 4 p.m. I attended the Meditation led by Father Michael before the tabernacle of the church. There were two other ladies at this silent prayer including Agnes. I went to the public library to return the DVD’s and went back home at Hyde Park. I have time to write this journal at my room.
In our supper there is Manoj, an Indian young fellow who works at International YCS located in Paris. I got a phone call at night from my frind in NYC, Franz Slamet who ask prayer for his friend, named Antonius Steven Widayat (25) who is in the hospice because of his sickness (stadium 4 of cancer).

No comments: