Sunday, December 18, 2005

3rd letter of December 2005

3) 4th Sunday of Advent, December 18, 2005

Monday, December 12, 2005.
Today I was doing the power point of kaleidoscope of my community. In the evening, a professor of Old Testament from CTU, Sister Diane Bergant came to visit our community and joined our supper cooked by Father Rocco. At night I was watching a DVD entitled the Hiding Place, about Nazi.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005.
In the morning I went to CTU to return the DVD’s I borrowed then I borrowed some 24 books of religious life as anticipation of my J-Term course on Religious Life in Context in January 2006 as well as my personal reflection toward the perpetual vows in the Xaverians. In the afternoon I was cooking, a pork soup (sayur asin baikut daing babi). In the evening at our house there was a formators meeting of some religious communities. At night I was reading some books of religious life. At night Father Pascal just returned from East Coast.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005.
In the morning Father Rocco flew to Boston and returned on Friday night. I was reading books of religious life. In the afternoon I was cooking pizza and lasagna, just warming them up in the oven. There was one guest coming to join our evening prayer and supper, namely, a sister from California, classmate of Valery at CTU. At night again I was reading a book of religious life.

Thursday, December 15, 2005.
In the morning after breakfast I was reading a book of religious life. In the afternoon I was cooking chicken. In the evening I called my sister up in Jakarta to congratulate her 33 years old’s birthday.

Friday, December 16, 2005.
In the morning Ignas and Valery took me to downtown at the public library and I borrowed some CD’s of learning languages such as Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin and France. I can borrow them for three weeks. I went to the sacrament of reconciliation at Saint Peter Loop downtown and returned home afterward. I went to CTU to renew two books I borrowed last semester and signed up on January 18th for meeting with the director of M.Div, Sister Barbara Bowe, rscj regarding reviewing my courses due to graduation of M.Div in May 2006. In the evening prayer at our community we started the novena of Christmas. At night I was preparing the power point of kaleidoscope of my community till midnight.

Saturday, December 17, 2005.
In the morning I was cleaning the kitchen as usual. At 3 p.m. for 45 minutes I had personnal meeting with my formator, Father Rocco. In the evening we had the second day of Novena of Christmas.

Sunday, December 18, 2005
In the morning together with Valery, I went to St. Therese Church. At 9.30 a.m. I attended the Mass and the Sunday School kids had Christmas celebration. Soon after the Mass, Father Michael invited me to accompany him for shopping at an Italian store, Caputo. At 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. I joined Father Michael on the meditation before the tabernacle of the church. He took me home at Hyde Park.
At 6 p.m. we (Father Rocco, Father Victor, Valery, Harno and I) went to watch a play about Thomas Merton entitled the Hermit in New York, while outside was very cold, about minus 13 degrees Celsius (9 degrees Fahrenheit). Upon coming home, I was eating supper and then typing this journal.

No comments: